When last we left our posting, Aaron and Gabriella were headed up the mountain to Grandma's house, and my boys were bummed. It took us a couple days to get back into some "normalcy" (if there is any such thing at our house). We were calling to check in on Grandma and solidify plans for the weekend when we got this news:
Grandma's house had been broken into.
By a family.
Yep. That's Estes Park. Apparently, there's been a whole rash of bear-related excitement the last little bit (we were Googling to see if her visit made it into the news, and didn't find anything for her house, but plenty of others - including the bear in the bar referenced in my title).
Anyway, we dropped everything to figure out how to help. After all, no one PLANS on having bears over for dessert. So Mark dashed up to get the kiddos and allow Grandma a little space to do what she needed to on her end. (We'll have more on this another time, when it isn't ridiculously late at night.)
Needless to say, the last few days were exciting. Aaron and Gabriella got to head back home with an awesome story to tell about their trip. The kids got a little extra time to play together. It turned out well.
At the same time as all this, we were housing a friend's fiance (who we'd never met). The poor girl didn't get much sleep, as four excited kids are not very quiet...
Because of the way things worked out, my schedule got all shook up. (Yes, I know the grammar is wrong, but I can't resist an Elvis reference.) My brothers were nice enough to take a trip out here and help out, I ended up going on maternity leave a day early, and my doctor's office accommodated my change in appointment just fine. Seriously, things fell into place amazingly. AND, we got multiple calls out of the blue from people who just wanted to check in and see if we needed any help getting ready before the baby comes.
Oh yeah, the baby... Since people have asked - no, I'm not ready. Emotionally not ready. Physically, we're down to just the last minute stuff: setting up the bassinet, installing the car seat, putting the last few things in the hospital bag, and narrowing down the short list of people to call to watch the boys at 3 am if need be. The ultrasound went fine - he's smaller than his brothers were at this point, which concerned me, but not the doctor. That's about it. Amazingly, my blood pressure has stayed super low this time around. We've already talked about tentative dates for induction (which I'm hoping won't happen this time). Now it's the waiting game. I'm just hoping he doesn't decide to come on one of the 4 days that would screw up Isaac's school stuff or on a Friday, when my doctor is at the satellite clinic and couldn't be the one doing the delivery.